When Type Booster starts, it places an icon in a tray area. You may invoke Type Booster's main menu by clicking on the icon with a right mouse button.
You can manage Type Booster using it's main menu.
The menu contains following items:
- Enable - enable/disable Type Booster.
- Preferences - invokes Type Booster settings dialog.
- About - shows Type Booster's version info and registration info.
- Register - opens a window where you can specify information to register your copy of Type Booster. For more info please see the Registration section below.
- Exit - closes the program.
Type Booster's settings are divided into 5 categories, which correspond to following tabs:
- Autocomplete - automatic word completion settings
- Autoreplace - automatic shortcut replacement settings
- Clipboard enhancer - clipboard enhancer settings
- Ignore list - list of applications, with which Type Booster wouldn't work
- Settings - additional settings
As you start typing Type Booster displays a popup with a possiible words list based on the first letters.
You may choose a first word with a single key (TAB by default), with digital (by default) or function key or use arrow keys and ENTER.
In an autocomplete settings dialog you may customize following parameters:
- Enable word autocompletion - enable/disable automatic word completion
- Variants total - number of variants which Type Booster will offer
- Minimum word length - minimum length of words which type booster will offer
- Number of symbols for a prompt - number of symbols you must enter to get a popup
- Choose a first word with a single key - a key to choose a first word in the popup (TAB by default)
- Quick word completion - choose a word with digital or function keys (digital keys by default)
- Add a space after a word completion - automatically add a space after completing a word
- No prompt in single line edit controls - if checked Type Booster will not give a prompt in single line edit controls
- No prompt in dialogs - if checked Type Booster will not give a prompt in dialogs
- Use only user dictionaries - do not use built-in dictionaries
- Enable learning - enable/disable automatic word learning
- Case sensitive learning - consider learned words case
- Do not learn words containing only digits - do not learn words containing only digits
- Learn words not shorter than... - Type Booster will learn words not shorter than the stated number of symbols
- Learn words typed... - Type Booster will learn words that have been typed not less than the stated number of times
- Notify user when learn new words - if checked Type Booster will inform user that a new word has been learned
- Prompt window - assorted rarely used visual aswpects of the popup window
- User Dictionaries - add, modify or delete words from user dictionaries
Whenever you type a sortcut Type Booster replaces it with a full text.
In an autoreplace settings you may customize following parameters:
- Enable shortcut replacement - enable/disable shortcut replacement
- Wait for a word delimeter - replace a shortcut only after a word delimeter ("SPACE", "Enter", etc.) typed
- New - add a shortcut
- Edit - edit a shortcut
- Delete - delete a shortcut
- Enable hot menu - enable/disable a "hot" menu with a most important selected phrases
- Clipboard histoty - a number of clipboard records to store
- Paste hotkey - a hotkey to insert a remembered text
Type Booster will ignore applications present in the list.
- List of ignored applications - a list of ignored application
- Add - add an application to the ignore list
- Remove - remove an application from the list
- Hotkey - a hotkey to add an active application to the ignore list
- Ignore password fields - do not work with a password entering fields (where possible)
- Paste method - a method to insert a text into an application
If you wish to use Type Booster after the trial period, you have to register.
After we have payment, we'll send you the registration info. NOTE: Be sure to keep this info!
Select the Register item of the context menu and enter the registration info into the applicable fields.